fpnsrhds

MLB trade news: Cubs get Nicholas Castellanos from Tigers

By on August 16, 2020

first_img Related News As the Tigers and Angels warmed up for a game scheduled to begin five minutes after the trade deadline Wednesday, Nicholas Castellanos was in uniform and set to bat second for Detroit. Moments before the first pitch, though, Jordy Mercer came out on deck to take some swings and Castellanos was scratched from the lineup, traded at the last possible moment to the Cubs.  The 27-year-old is slashing .273/.328/.462 with 11 home runs and leads the majors with 37 doubles. He has crushed left-handed pitching, posting a 1.026 OPS against lefties this year. Castellanos came up as a third baseman but has been Detroit’s primary right fielder the last two seasons. Chicago also got utilityman Tony Kemp from the Astros earlier Wednesday in exchange for little-used catcher Martin Maldonado, adding still more versatility to the roster as Ben Zobrist remains absent. MLB trade news: Astros add frontline starter, deal for Diamondbacks’ Zack Greinkecenter_img The Tigers got a pair of pitching prospects in return: 2017 first-round pick Alex Lange and 2018 second-rounder Paul Richan, the teams announced. The #Cubs today acquired OF Nick Castellanos and a cash consideration from the Tigers for minor league RHPs Paul Richan and Alex Lange.To make room for Castellanos on the 40-man roster, RHP Oscar De La Cruz was designated for assignment. pic.twitter.com/aZpj3Ba8zH— Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) July 31, 2019Castellanos should provide a boost to the Cubs’ offense and presumably will find Wrigley Field more to his liking than Comerica Park, which he recently described as a “joke” for hitters.  MLB trade news: Braves get Shane Greene, Mark Melancon to boost bullpenlast_img read more

Continue Reading

qattpzhx

GARDAI ASKED TO HAND OVER IN-CAR FILM IN ‘HEART ATTACK CASE’

By on December 24, 2019

first_imgDonegal Gardai have been asked to hand over any in-car film footage involving a man who claimed he was having a heart attack after being stopped by Gardai.Letterkenny Court.Seamus Duffy was stopped by Gardai on April 7th last in Ballybofey during  routine traffic patrol. However Mr Duffy, 50, claims he began to suffer chest pains during the incident.Gardai left the scene and Mr Duffy was transported to hospital in an ambulance.He later made an official complaint to the Garda Ombudsman about the behaviour of the Gardai involved.The Ombudsman then wrote to Mr Duffy on November 28th last informing him that both Gardai had been found to be in breach of discipline.The investigating officer said both “were found to be in breach of the Garda Siochana (Discipline) Regulations 2007 in relation to neglect of duty and were dealt with by way of Advice.”Mr Duffy has since been charged with using threatening and abusive or insulting behaviour and appeared at Letterkenny District Court to answer the charge yesterday.A further charge of obstructing Gardai against Mr Duffy of 11 Railway Railway Avenue, Killygordan, was withdrawn.Solicitor Rory O’Brien said he was making an application for CCTV footage from the Garda car involved in the incident.He said the case was a highly contentious one which had already been the subject of a Garda Ombudsman investigation.Garda Inspector John O’Toole said he did not know if there was CCTV in the Garda car and asked for the case to be adjourned until May 7th to find out.GARDAI ASKED TO HAND OVER IN-CAR FILM IN ‘HEART ATTACK CASE’ was last modified: March 9th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:courtGardaGardaiHeart attackOMBUDSMANSeamus Duffylast_img read more

Continue Reading