elarrezf

Greek Company Denies Involvement in Massive Oil Slick off Brazil

By on September 28, 2020

first_imgGreek ship manager Delta Tankers has denied its involvement in an oil spill off the coast of Brazil that has kept the country’s response agencies busy over the past two months.Brazilian authorities said on November 1 that Greek-flagged crude oil tanker Bouboulina, carrying Venezuelan crude, was responsible for the spill.Delta Tankers denied this, saying that a full search of the material from the cameras and sensors that all their vessels carry as part of their safety and environmental policies, revealed no proof that the Bouboulina could be responsible for the spill.“There is no proof of the vessel having stopped, conducted any kind of STS operation (ship to ship), oil leaked/spilled, slowed down or veered off course, on its passage from Venezuela to Melaka, Malaysia,” the company said.The company added that it would share its materials with Brazilian authorities, should they contact the company, noting that no contact had been made so far.The oil spill, that is estimated to have taken place on July 28-29, affected 2,500 km of Brazil’s coastlines, hitting at least 120 locations in 77 municipalities. Brazil’s environmental agency IBAMA earlier stated that the substance was ‘crude oil’ of a type that is not produced in Brazil.last_img read more

Continue Reading

fixecpqd

Canadian nat’l in Negros Occ. tests negative for nCoV

By on September 25, 2020

first_imgHe added the patient, who was admittedat the Corazon Locsin Montelibano Memorial Regional Hospital (CLMMRH), wasdischarged from the hospital on yesterday. He also urged the public to alwaysverify information related to nCoV from the Department of Health website and torefrain from spreading fake news. As of Wednesday, the City HealthOffice reported two more PUIs – a 67-year-old male, a foreign national, who hada layover in Taiwan, and a 30 to 40-year-old Filipino male who traveled to HongKong. The remaining two PUIs were also atthe hospital waiting for the laboratory results from the RITM. BACOLOD City – A43-year-old Canadian national who was under investigation  for a possible 2019 novel coronavirus acuterespiratory disease (2019-nCoV ARD) infection had tested negative for thevirus. One of the two is a 12-year-old with ahistory of travel to Hong Kong and Macau while the other is a 58-year-oldfemale. They are now confined in atertiary hospital, she addedcenter_img Dr. Julius Drilon, medical centerchief II, said in a statement that this was based on the result of theconfirmatory testing from the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine (RITM). CHO Environment and SanitationDivision head Grace Tan said the swab samples of the latest two patients wouldbe sent to the RITM as soon as possible. “The CLMMRH is assuring the publicthat the hospital is implementing strict infection control measures inproviding treatment to these patients,” Drilon said. The Bacolod City Disaster RiskReduction and Management Council  has passed a resolution requesting for aP10-million budget that will be utilized by the inter-agency task force for theprevention and control of Novel Coronavirus (nCoV). (With a report from PNA/PN)last_img read more

Continue Reading