Russian media boss drops the pretence and defends Belarus crackdown BelarusEurope – Central Asia June 2, 2021 Find out more “We welcome opening of criminal investigation in Lithuania in response to our complaint against Lukashenko” RSF says to go further Help by sharing this information May 27, 2021 Find out more Follow the news on Belarus BelarusEurope – Central Asia News August 13, 2008 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Court upholds order blocking website based in Ingushetia читать на русскомReporters Without Borders condemns yesterday’s decision by a court in the Moscow district of Kuntsevo dismissing an appeal against the closure of the Ingushetyia.ru website because of “extremist”content. Magomed Yevloyev, one of the site’s founders, told Reporters Without Borders he would continue to appeal.“This decision is unwarranted,” the press freedom organisation said. “Ingushetiya.ru is guilty of just posting news and information than displeases the Russian authorities. We condemn this ruling and we reiterate our call for the reopening of this Ingush website.”One of the website’s editors, Roza Malsagova, has just requested asylum in France because of the threats she was getting in Russia. Yevloyev’s family has also been threatened.Ingushetyia.ru has been blocked since 26 May. The Kuntsevo district authorities ordered its closure on 6 June on the grounds of content deemed to be “extremist.”The president of the Russian republic of Ingushetia, Murat Zyazikov, created a website in March with an address (http://ingushetiyaru.net/) similar to that of Ingushetiya.ru in order to combat its news reports.——————11.08 – Appeal court urged to rescind order blocking access to Ingush news websiteчитать на русском Reporters Without Borders calls on the Russian authorities to unblock access to the Ingush news website Ingushetiya (http://ingushetiya.ru). A Moscow court is tomorrow due to hear an appeal against a Moscow district court order on 26 May blocking access to the site on the grounds that it posted “extremist” articles.“Ingushetiya is an exceptional news outlet in Russia,” Reporters Without Borders said. “The accusation of extremism is just a pretext for gagging a website that reports allegations of corruption implicating national figures. Its editor was forced to flee Russia after being threatened by the authorities. We condemn this harassment and we call for the immediate reopening of the site.”The only news portal in Ingush, one of the languages of the North Caucasus, Ingushetiya has often been the target of dirty tricks and other forms of harassment. The president of the Russian republic of Ingushetia, Murat Zyazikov, created a website with a similar address (http://ingushetiyaru.net) in March in order to combat its news reports. In November 2007, the regional authorities tried to redirect its visitors to a porn site. Politicians have even made death threats against the father of one of the site’s creators, Magomet Yevloyev. Receive email alerts May 28, 2021 Find out more News RSF_en On 6 June, a court in the Moscow district of Kuntsevo ordered Ingushetiya’s closure because of “extremist content.” Its editor, Roza Malsagova, left Russia last month after receiving frequent phone and email threats.“Intimidation and threats against the Ingush media are becoming more and more frequent in Russia,” Reporters Without Borders said. “This trend is disturbing and gives the lie to the commitment to civil liberties and free expression which Dmitri Medvedev professed when he took over as president.”Zurab Tsechoyev, the editor of the Ingushetia-based human rights website Mashr, was abducted at the end of last month by some 50 masked gunmen and interrogated for five hours about the publication in Ingushetiya of a list of members of the Federal Security Service (FSB) who had allegedly participated in the kidnapping and killing of Ingush civilians.More on the situation News RSF at the Belarusian border: “The terrorist is the one who jails journalists and intimidates the public” Organisation News
Vern Isberg organized the tournament, which is held in memoriam for his brother Arnie. He says the number of teams taking part increased again this year“We had 16 teams that entered the tournament. Every year is always getting better,” he states. “We started out with eight teams the very first year, second year was 12 and now we’re at 16 and we’re going to cap it at 16 every year. We had a three team waiting list this year which is fantastic. It’s obviously a tournament people want to come to.”With the tournament growing in size teams are coming from outside of Fort St. John to participate.- Advertisement -“I think it offers the fun of the one pitch and a bit of the competition as well with a lot of the great slow pitch teams in town and around the area. We had one from Fort Nelson, one from Chetwynd and the teams from around town here.” Isberg says.When it comes to his brother Vern says that Arnie was a great person to all of his friends and took the time to contribute in the community.“Arnie was always community minded. He was a great guy. If anyone ever knew Arnie he was the kind of guy that would light up a room. He was one of those people everyone gravitated to,” he explains. “The thing with him in the community is that he was involved with the rotary. He was involved with the Eastern Star, the church. He was a big helper of the hospital foundation so that’s why we decided all of the donations and the money raised are going to go to the hospital foundation and the cancer treatment fund.” Advertisement Teams were also awarded with cheques based on how they finished in their given division. The teams donated back their winnings to the cause.The winning teams in the A, B, and C divisions were McGlovin, One Hit Wonders, and Bad Habits.
8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market Related Posts david hamilton Tags:#Edward Snowden#email#nsa#public-key encryption#surveillance Lavabit, a secure-email provider startup that counted NSA leaker Edward Snowden as one of its customers, abruptly closed down in August rather than “become complicit in crimes against the American people,” as founder Ladar Levison wrote at the time. And now we know why.Federal court records unsealed yesterday reveal that the FBI demanded access to Lavabit’s private SSL keys, which would have allowed the feds to decrypt the email of any Lavabit user, not just that of Snowden—the FBI’s presumed target, although the documents redacted names associated with accounts sought by the feds. (The government denied any interest in reading email unrelated to its target.)See also: Death Before Dishonor: Secure Email Services Shut Down Rather Than Comply With Feds“[T]hey wanted to break open the entire box just to get to one connection,” Levison told the New York Times.Levison initially refused until threatened with fines and criminal contempt charges—at one point, he printed out the keys in a four-point font that filled 11 pages, which U.S. government lawyers complained was “illegible.” Finally, however, he ran out of options. So he turned over the digital keys, but simultaneously closed down Lavabit, rendering further surveillance impossible.Levison is appealing the lower-court order; opening briefs are due by October 10. See the unsealed documents in the case here. Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai…
MIAMI GARDENS, FL – JANUARY 05: The Iowa Hawkeyes take the field in front of their fans against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets during the FedEx Orange Bowl at Land Shark Stadium on January 5, 2010 in Miami Gardens, Florida. Iowa won 24-14. (Photo by Streeter Lecka/Getty Images)We have an extremely tight one at Lucas Oil Stadium tonight, but if things hold, Iowa will be conference champs. After the Hawkeyes and Michigan State Spartans traded five field goals through the first three quarters, C.J. Beathard aired it out, connecting with Tevaun Smith on a deep pass for an 85 yard [email protected] just erupted. Why? Because @HawkeyeFootball just took the lead on this *long* TD. https://t.co/AdE6L3P3p2— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) December 6, 2015Iowa leads 13-9 with 13:51 remaining in the game. You’re up, Connor Cook.
Minister of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries, Hon. Audley Shaw, says the report on the rationalisation of sugar lands has been completed. Story Highlights The rationalisation initiative will see some sugar-cane lands being utilised for the growing of other crops, providing new investment opportunities for farmers. Minister Shaw said he has already received hundreds of applications for the production of mango orchards, castor beans for castor oil, Jamaican Sea Island Cotton, among others. Minister of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries, Hon. Audley Shaw, says the report on the rationalisation of sugar lands has been completed.The rationalisation initiative will see some sugar-cane lands being utilised for the growing of other crops, providing new investment opportunities for farmers.Minister Shaw said he has already received hundreds of applications for the production of mango orchards, castor beans for castor oil, Jamaican Sea Island Cotton, among others.“Now, we have Jamaican investors, who are willing to work in a mother farm relationship to produce things that are in high demand, not just in Jamaica, but also in the region and globally,” he pointed out.Mr. Shaw was speaking at the Jamaica Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (JAIFA) motivational seminar, dubbed ‘Blast Off 2019’ on Tuesday (January 8) at the Jamaica Conference Centre, downtown Kingston.He said that CARICOM, the Jamaican diaspora, the school-feeding programme and hotel chains are being targeted under the initiative.An online platform, Tourism Agri-linkages Exchange Project (ALEX) will be utilised to facilitate the purchase and exchange of goods between farmers and buyers within the local hotel industry.“We have started the process and have established a tourism linkages committee. We established a network to link opportunities between small farmers with the demand of hotels,” Minister Shaw said.Blast Off 2019 was held under the theme ‘It is in giving that we receive’.JAIFA is an 800-member professional association for sales representatives of life insurance companies, brokerages, bank assurers and agencies across the country.
MONTREAL – Quebec-based Pacini Restaurants Inc. is aiming to pierce the U.S. market and expand across Canada as it prepares to open more than 200 locations across North America within the next decade.The privately owned Italian-style chain is looking to partner with hotel chains that it hopes will become franchisees.President Nathalie Lehoux says the company is looking to take advantage of hotels seeking to open restaurants that will attract a large clientele beyond just hotel guests.By fall, Pacini will have 30 restaurants open in Canada, with 25 in Quebec.It’s in the process of opening its first Ontario location in Mississauga at a Marriott Hotel and will soon have three in Alberta.Lehoux says it hopes to have at least two locations in every province but wouldn’t say how many it expects to have in the U.S.
San Francisco: Former Peruvian President Alejandro Toledo, wanted in his home country in connection with Latin America’s biggest graft scandal, was arrested in California on suspicion of public intoxication and spent the night in jail before he was released Monday morning, authorities have said. Alejandro Toledo, 72, was arrested Sunday night at a restaurant near the San Francisco Bay Area city of Menlo Park, said San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Rosemerry Blankswade on Monday. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince ‘snubbed’ Pak PM, recalled jet from USToledo was released without charges Monday morning, which Blankswade said is routine for most public drunkenness arrests. Toledo was Peru’s president from 2001 to 2006 and moved to Northern California shortly after leaving office to work and study at Stanford University in Palo Alto, according to a 2007 San Francisco Chronicle report. Toledo earned a doctoral degree in education and two master’s degrees from Stanford, where he delivered the commencement speech to the school’s graduating class of 2003 while still in office. Also Read – Record number of 35 candidates in fray for SL Presidential pollsHe has held a variety of fellowships and visiting scholar positions at Stanford until 2017, according to university announcements. In 2017, the same year Peruvian officials announced they were seeking to arrest Toledo, Stanford spokeswoman Brooke Donald told a Latin American media outlet that the college was severing its ties with Toledo, who she said was an unpaid “volunteer” who didn’t teach. Stanford officials didn’t respond to email and phone inquiries Monday. Toledo is wanted in Peru where authorities have offered a 30,000 reward for his capture. Peruvian prosecutors accuse him with of taking 20 million in bribes from Brazilian construction firm Odebrecht while he served as president. He has denied wrongdoing.
NEW DELHI: An elderly man killed himself on Wednesday afternoon by jumping in front of the Vaishali-bound metro train at Ramesh Nagar station. Services on the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation’s (DMRC) Blue Line were disrupted for a while following the suicide incident.According to police, the 77 -year-old man has been identified as Sita Ram Arora, a resident of Ramesh Nagar. He was Diabetic and BP patient and is survived by his wife and 4 sons. A senior official with the Metro police said that the incident occurred around 11:57 am at platform number one of the station. The official further asserted that the man sustained severe injuries to which he succumbed later in the day.
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Friday arrested a person inside the hospital who had come with a loaded pistol to kill a criminal in Rohini district. The law enforcement agency said that the alertness of their staff foiled the nefarious murder plan.Police identified the accused as Prasanjit Kumar Jha alias Chikna (23) who lives in Madanpuri in Janakpuri. He was nabbed with a loaded pistol having six live rounds. The investigating agency claimed that one Karanvir alias Kala on police remand had come to Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital in Rohini for medical examination. Kala was accused in the murder case in KN Katju Marg. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderThe accused Jha came to BSA hospital Rohini with the intention of shooting Kala. Deputy Commissioner of Police (Rohini) SD Mishra said due to the alertness of the accompanying staff of the police station, the accused Prasanjit was apprehended from the spot. A case has been registered and further investigation is in progress. Sources said that the probe in the case is going on from different angles including the gang war. When asked whether Jha was able to fire a few rounds in the hospital, the DCP denied such fact. According to the police report, a murder took place on January 4 in Rohini sector 17 area where one Anil was killed in indiscriminate firing on a car in which apart from the deceased three other persons were also sitting.
CAIRO – Arab foreign ministers will meet in Cairo on November 3 to discuss backing the Syrian opposition at a proposed Geneva peace conference, a top Arab diplomat said Monday.Asked whether the ministers would discuss providing backing for the opposition groups, Arab League deputy chief Ahmed Ben Hilli told reporters “the meeting on Sunday will look into this matter.”Ben Hilli said an official date for the Geneva meeting has not been set. Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi had previously said the meeting would take place on November 23.Efforts to convene the conference next month have met with several obstacles, with a key opposition group refusing to attend if Syrian President Bashar al-Assad’s resignation is not on the agenda.National Coalition leader Ahmed Jarba, who had requested backing from the Arab foreign ministers, said the umbrella opposition group would negotiate only “a transfer of all power and then the departure of the mass killer (Assad).”Assad has shown no sign of backing down after a two-and-a-half-year civil war that has left more than 115,000 people dead, saying he is ready to standfor re-election next year.Damascus has also insisted that Assad’s resignation will not be on the table at the Geneva meeting.