cvhfgman

Merrill scores 28 to carry Utah St. over Colorado St. 77-61

By on May 8, 2021

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailSam Merrill had 28 points as Utah State defeated Colorado State 77-61.Utah State, up 31-28 at halftime, shot 68% (17 for 25) in the second half and finished at 59% for the game.Adam Thistlewood and Nico Carvacho scored 14 points apiece for the Rams with Carvacho grabbing nine rebounds. The Rams shot 37%. Tags: Mountain West/Sam Merrill/Utah State Aggies Basketball Associated Press January 26, 2020 /Sports News – Local Merrill scores 28 to carry Utah St. over Colorado St. 77-61 Written bylast_img read more

Continue Reading

isgtifyp

New York City to host US Open without fans; Serena Williams to return

By on

first_imgJune 17, 2020 /Sports News – National New York City to host US Open without fans; Serena Williams to return Mark your calendars. pic.twitter.com/9EXAZMUg0W— US Open Tennis (@usopen) June 17, 2020Professional tennis matches have been suspended since March due to the COVID-19 outbreak, cancelling more than 40 tennis events around the world, according to ESPN.As for the safety at the US Open, the U.S. Tennis Association will take what Gov. Andrew Cuomo called “extraordinary precautions,” and pledged to host the tournament “in the safest manner possible.”Though it’s entirely not clear which of tennis’ top players will participate — Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic have already expressed doubts about returning — Serena Williams announced Wednesday in a recorded video that she would take part. The USTA released the video in which the 23-time Grand Slam champion said she “really cannot wait to return in New York and play in the US Open 2020.”Williams added, “I feel like the USTA is going to do a really good job of ensuring everything is amazing and everything is perfect and everyone is safe. It’s going to be exciting. It’s been over six months since a lot of us have played professional tennis.” FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailmizoula/iStockBy AARON KATERSKY and CARMEN COX, ABC News(NEW YORK) — New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said Tuesday that the state can host the US Open tennis tournament this summer, but without fans. “It will held without fans, but we can watch  it on TV and I’ll take that,” Cuomo said at his daily press briefing in Albany.The tournament will go on as scheduled from Aug. 31 to Sept. 13 in Queens, N.Y. on the grounds of the tennis complex used to treat coronavirus patients at the height of the coronavirus pandemic. Beau Lundcenter_img Written by A message from 6x champion @serenawilliams: pic.twitter.com/nBku5heoJv— US Open Tennis (@usopen) June 17, 2020Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.last_img read more

Continue Reading

wmrkyqht

Cavs acquire another second-round pick in trade with Jazz

By on

first_imgNovember 27, 2020 /Sports News – Local Cavs acquire another second-round pick in trade with Jazz Associated Press Tags: Cleveland Cavaliers/NBA/Rayjon Tucker/Utah Jazz Written by FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailCLEVELAND (AP) — The Cavaliers are loading up for the future.Cleveland acquired another second-round pick _ this one in 2027 _ from the Utah Jazz, who also sent the Cavs shooting guard Rayjon Tucker in exchange for cash considerations.It’s the third second-round selection added by the Cavs this offseason. They previously picked up second-round picks from Milwaukee (2025) and the Los Angeles Lakers (2026) in separate deals.The 23-year-old Tucker played in 20 games for Utah as a rookie last season. He averaged 3.1 points in 8.1 minutes.last_img read more

Continue Reading

elarrezf

Michael Jordan donates $2M of proceeds from “The Last Dance” to food banks

By on

first_img Written by November 27, 2020 /Sports News – National Michael Jordan donates $2M of proceeds from “The Last Dance” to food banks FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailESPNBy KELLY MCCARTHY, ABC News (NEW YORK) — NBA superstar Michael Jordan pledged a portion of proceeds from his hit ESPN documentary series, The Last Dance, to food banks to help feed hungry families and individuals in need this holiday season.The five-time MVP, who led the Chicago Bulls to six championships, said in a statement provided by Feeding America on Twitter that “in these challenging times and in a year of unimaginable difficulty due to COVID-19, it’s more important than ever to pause and give thanks.”“I am proud to be donating additional proceeds from ‘The Last Dance’ to Feeding America and its member food banks in the Carolinas and Chicago to help feed America’s hungry,” he added.The Charlotte Hornets owner was raised in North Carolina and played college hoops for the University of North Carolina Tar Heels.This is not the first philanthropic act of Jordan’s during what has been a difficult year for many Americans amid the pandemic.In June, the 57-year-old basketball legend announced that along with the Jordan Brand he was pledging $100 million over the next 10 years to nationwide organizations “dedicated to ensuring racial equality, social justice and greater access to education.”“Black lives matter. This isn’t a controversial statement,” he and the company — a subsidiary of Nike — said in a joint statement amid the massive outcry for racial justice in the U.S. “Until the ingrained racism that allows our country’s institutions to fail is completely eradicated, we will remain committed to protecting and improving the lives of Black people.”Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.center_img Beau Lundlast_img read more

Continue Reading

stowgycq

Scoreboard roundup — 2/11/21

By on

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailiStockBy ABC News(NEW YORK) — Here are the scores from Thursday’s sports events:NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATIONBoston 120, Toronto 106Miami 101, Houston 94Indiana 111, Detroit 95Golden State 111, Orlando 105Portland 118, Philadelphia 114NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUEFlorida 5, Tampa Bay 2Pittsburgh 4, NY Islanders 3Winnipeg 5, Ottawa 1Columbus 6, Chicago 5Edmonton 3, Montreal 0Nashville 3, Detroit 2Carolina 5, Dallas 3Anaheim 1, Vegas 0Calgary 3, Vancouver 1Los Angeles 6, San Jose 2New Jersey at Philadelphia (Postponed)Washington at Buffalo (Postponed)St. Louis at Minnesota (Postponed)Arizona at Colorado (Postponed)TOP-25 COLLEGE BASKETBALLSouthern Cal 69, Washington 54Minnesota 71, Purdue 68Gonzaga at Santa Clara (Postponed)Illinois at Michigan (Postponed)Copyright © 2021, ABC Audio. All rights reserved. Beau Lund Written bycenter_img February 12, 2021 /Sports News – National Scoreboard roundup — 2/11/21last_img read more

Continue Reading

cvhfgman

New Fortress Energy signs long-term LNG supply agreement

By on May 7, 2021

first_imgNew Fortress Energy is a global energy infrastructure company founded to help accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy New Fortress Energy signs LNG supply agreement. (Credit: djedj from Pixabay.) New Fortress Energy LLC (NASDAQ: NFE) (“New Fortress”) announced today that it has signed a long-term supply agreement for the purchase of 27.5 million MMBtu per annum of liquefied natural gas (LNG), or approximately 8 cargoes a year, at a price indexed to Henry Hub through January 2030.This agreement will support the continued growth of New Fortress’ customer base in international markets as the company develops LNG terminals and natural gas infrastructure.“This agreement supports our efforts to spur economic growth and reduce emissions as we deliver more affordable and cleaner energy to our customers,” said New Fortress Chairman and CEO Wes Edens. “We evaluated a broad range of competitive offers to meet the expansion of our LNG terminals across international markets. We’re pleased to take advantage of the dislocation in global LNG markets and secure ten years of offtake for our growing business.”New Fortress Energy is a global energy infrastructure company founded to help accelerate the world’s transition to clean energy. The company funds, builds and operates natural gas infrastructure and logistics to rapidly deliver fully integrated, turnkey energy solutions that enable economic growth, enhance environmental stewardship and transform local industries and communities. New Fortress Energy is majority-owned by a fund managed by an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group. Source: Company Press Releaselast_img read more

Continue Reading

poyadjfd

US BLM approves Moneta Divide oil and gas project

By on

first_imgThe Moneta Divide oil and gas project is proposed by Aethon Energy Management and Burlington Resources Oil and Gas Company Aethon plans to drill up to 4,250 oil and gas wells at Moneta Divide project. (Credit: skeeze from Pixabay) The US Bureau of Land Management (BLM), an agency within the US Department of the Interior, has issued ‘Record of Decision’ for the Moneta Divide oil and gas project in Wyoming.The project is proposed by Aethon Energy Management and Burlington Resources Oil and Gas Company.The latest move will allow the partners to drill up to 4,250 oil and gas wells across a 327,645-acre area.Around 67% of the project area is located on the BLM managed public lands, while 10% is on state of Wyoming and state park land. The remaining 23% is under private ownership.Moneta Divide Project expected to produce 18.16 trillion cubic feet of natural gasThe two firms are planning to recover around 18.16 trillion cubic feet of natural gas and 254 million barrels of oil over the project’s operational life of 65 years.In addition to generating $182m annually in federal royalties, the project is expected to deliver $87.5m per year in severance taxes for Wyoming and $106m in County Ad Valorem taxes.The BLM’s Record of Decision, however, does not authorise the developers to undertake ground activity at this time.As part of its Application for Permit to Drill process, BLM will review and approve each well individually.In February, BLM issued the final environmental impact statement (EIS) for the project, outlining multiple alternatives for the development.In a press statement, BLM said: “The Final EIS identifies a range of alternatives and includes the agency’s preferred alternative, which was developed following extensive review and consideration of public comments received on the Draft EIS.“The Preferred Alternative also includes an amendment to the Casper Resource Management Plan.”last_img read more

Continue Reading

ghcvwpph

Santos’ Narrabri Gas Project in Australia gets environmental approval

By on

first_imgThe approval is subject to various conditions imposed for protecting regional biodiversity, groundwater, and local communities Santos plans to drill up to 850 gas wells under the Narrabri Gas Project. (Credit: Anita starzycka from Pixabay) Santos has secured environmental approval from the Australian government for its AUD3.6bn ($2.64bn) Narrabri Gas Project in the Gunnedah Basin in northwest New South Wales (NSW).The project involves the development of a coal seam gas field along with the construction of new gas processing and water treatment facilities. It will be spread over an area of 95,000ha, encompassing the Pilliga State Forest and privately-owned farmland, located southwest of the Narrabri town.The environmental approval from the federal government is subject to the fulfilment of various conditions to protect regional biodiversity, groundwater, and local communities.Following the approval, Santos will begin a 12-18 month-long appraisal programme before taking a final investment decision (FID) on the coal seam gas project.The Narrabri Gas Project was approved by Australia Minister for the Environment Sussan Ley under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999.The approval was given after her review of an assessment by the NSW state, which is claimed to have placed stringent conditions on clearing limits, impact mitigation, and rehabilitation.Ley said: “I am satisfied that the conditions, and the staged nature of work in the area, will safeguard the biodiversity of the Pilliga Forest.“My approval has also been informed by advice from the Commonwealth Independent Expert Scientific Committee on Coal Seam Gas and Large Coal Mining Development (IESC) to ensure the ongoing protection of precious water resources.”According to Santos managing director and CEO Kevin Gallagher, the federal approval is consistent with the 134 conditions imposed by the NSW Independent Planning Commission, which approved the project in September 2020.Furthermore, Gallagher said that the conditions of the federal approval are generally in line with those of the company’s GLNG operations.Gallagher said: “We accept the conditions from the Commonwealth, which are very much in line with our other operations across the country and welcome the approval that all relevant matters of national environmental significance have been adequately addressed.”As part of the Narrabri Gas Project, Santos plans to drill up to 850 gas wells on up to 425 well pads over 20 years. The gas produced from the project can potentially address half of the demand for natural gas in NSW, stated the company.last_img read more

Continue Reading

qattpzhx

Neptune Energy gets approval for start-up of Gjøa field expansion in North Sea

By on

first_img Further development of Gjøa yields additional resources of around 15 million barrels of oil equivalent. (Credit: Neptune Energy) Neptune Energy has secured approval from the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) for the start-up of on the Gjøa field expansion in the North Sea.The consent has been given to the start-up of a subsea installation with two new wells at the field.Located off the coast of Florø, Gjøa is a gas and oil field and the new wells are linked to the P1 segment, one of seven segments on the field.NPD stated: “Continued work on Gjøa resulted in the licensees submitting an application for exemption from a Plan for development and operation (PDO) for the P1 segment in February 2019. A four-slot well template has been put into place and two wells have been drilled.”Expected to commence production in the January 2021, the project is estimated to be built with a cost of NOK4bn ($470m).Neptune Energy, the operator of the Gjøa field, estimates the expansion project will add 2.4 million standard cubic metres of oil equivalent (15 million bbls o.e.).NPD’s North Sea assistant director development and operations Arvid Østhus said: “Further development of the P1 segment in Gjøa results in additional resources and increased values for Gjøa, and contributes to good utilisation of the production capacity and infrastructure in the area.”In May, the Petroleum Safety Authority (PSA) Norway has given consent to Neptune Energy to use the Deepsea Yantai drilling rig for production drilling at its Gjøa field, offshore Norway.Discovered in 1989, Gjøa entered into production in 2010. The field is in the northern part of the North Sea, 50km northeast of the Troll field. Consent has been given to the start-up of a subsea installation with two new wells at the fieldlast_img read more

Continue Reading

isgtifyp

Your Move franchise goes quiet after rival buys its letttings book

By on

first_imgHome » News » Agencies & People » Your Move franchise goes quiet after rival buys its letttings book previous nextAgencies & PeopleYour Move franchise goes quiet after rival buys its letttings bookLincolnshire agency Walshe’s established by young entrepreneur buys up property management contracts of Your Move Tyreman & Bell, which is no longer taking calls.Nigel Lewis1st October 201803,452 Views A large Your Move franchise in the North Lincolnshire town of Scunthorpe is no longer taking phone calls after nine years on the high street.Taking up two shop fronts, Your Move Tyreman & Bell’s property management contracts have been bought by rival Walshe’s Property & Letting Agency for an undisclosed sum. The Negotiator tried to contact Your Move for comment, but so far hasn’t received a response.Your Move’s patch in and around Scunthorpe included Bottesford, Ashby, Broughton, Brigg, Messingham, Scotter, Burton upon Stather, Winterton and Crowle.“I just want to give a big welcome to all of our new tenants and landlords,” says Josh Walshe (left), who founded Walshe’s Property & Lettings Agency.“It has been an extremely stressful last month or so. I want to give a massive thank you to all my family, friends and clients for the support along the way, I couldn’t have done this without all of you! The businesses’ two-year anniversary is only a few months away, and never did I think what I created would grow so quickly.”The franchise has been operated by Tyreman & Bell Estate Agents Ltd which currently has one director, 60-year-old Christopher Bell, who local sources have told The Negotiator has joined Hull estate agency Lovelle to work in its lettings business. Its the same agency where his former partner in the Your Move franchise, Neil Tyreman, also works as its Operations Manager.Read more about Your Move.Josh Walshe Scunthorpe Christopher Bell Walshe’s Property & Letting Agency Your Move October 1, 2018Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021last_img read more

Continue Reading